Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Short test of gear up Mt Nebo, QLD

Discussion in 'Video Logging' at netrider.net.au started by Ub3rS0ldat, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Just a short video testing the Contour Roam 2 and the mount for the GPS which I had also wired up the same day. Nothing exciting.

2. I like the reflection in your helmet.

3. Ha ha - yea... It's a little distracting. I've consider mounting it on the top of the helmet instead - might be better.

4. It's ok. Adds a bit of extra interest.
    I could never mount one on top of a helmet - enough hassles ducking with just the helmet on and flip-top helmet = no go.

How did you find the weight of the cam first try? Have ordered a Drift HD on its way.

5. Honestly I didn't notice the weight at all - I have to look at my shadow or the reflection in the gauges to check it hasn't fallen off ha ha. Glad I got the camera that I have - don't have to bother with a weatherproof casing.

Next time I'll do something abit more exciting and throw on some music and some fancy editing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great Video, I can get YouTube on my TV and can sit and watch Videos of people just riding all day long. :)

7. There is no solution for audio if you want to vlog with it is there ?

8. There's an external mic mod some have done.
    I've seen some guy on YouTube that records audio separately and taps his helmet so he has a reference to synch the audio and video.

Drift HD has a similar form factor as the Contour, weatherproof (only waterproof to 0.5m with sealed rear cover) and an external mic jack and a different cover fits over to be able to use it. Less weatherproof with that cover on though.

9. Thanks - I hope to get a chance to upload more this weekend.

Not sure, haven't considered doing a vlog. I'd rather just listen to the bike and concentrate on the twisties. What's the saying? A twisty paints a thousand words.... Something like that.