Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Short-reach levers for little hands!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Lancelot, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Hi all, my partner has just bought a wonderful 2002 Bonneville, however she has real trouble reaching the levers that are quite far from the bars. So we're after a solution for what I've seen described as "short-reach" levers. Both brake and gear levers.

I'm aware of pazzo levers that are adjustable, however these are very expensive. How close to the bar can these levers be adjusted to? Is there a cheaper alternative to these levers?

Alternatively, does anyone have some DIY tips for modification of existing levers? I found this thread which had quite an interesting method, which we may have to try, however if there are new levers that do the same job, that would be preferred.

Cheers,
    Sir L.

2.  Top
  3. Thanks! Actually we just stumbled across something very similar on ebay: this item and this one too.

I should also mention it's for a 2002 Bonneville - the 790cc model. I'm not sure how different this is from later models, but all the current levers online are advertised for "2006-2011" Bonnevilles. Does anyone know if this difference extends to levers? Why the grouping of '06-'12?