Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Short Introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Galex, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hi. Just a short intro. I’m Galex, now in my 50s, about 190 cm and just over 100 kg. I’m still reasonably fit and good at sports, although my major activity these days is club competition golf. I’ve wanted a bike since I was a teenager, but pc and different stages of life have meant that the best I could do was ride a friend’s bike or pillion every now and again. So, last year I finally did it and got my Ls and then went and bought a bling gold wheeled red VTR250. In January I went across to Tasmania and rode down to Hobart and back, but somehow avoided anything too cold or wet. That’s the current limit of my long rides, and it’s just a start. I haven't been to Arthur's seat, the GOR or anywhere else much.

I came across Netrider from Google, and I want to thank all the people on here for the friendliness and wealth of info that is made freely available. I have learned so much here that I would otherwise not have.

While the VTR250 has been a great learner bike, I’m currently considering a sports-tourer kind of bike (Maybe a VFR or something similar) or perhaps a dual purpose. I still have a few months before I need to do anything about it, so it is just an interesting pastime at present.

Best regards,

2. Welcome Aboard Galex !!!
    Good to see another 'mature' rider join our ranks :wink:
  3. Ah yes, we need piles of old wisdom to counteract the enthusiasm and recklesness of the young :LOL:.

Welcome to Netrider, Galex, there's a terrific balance of both things here, and we look forward to your contributions.
  4. Welcome Galex,
    You are young. Know people in there 80's and 90's who are still riding regularly and passionately.
  5. Hi Galex welcome to Netrider. Make sure you check out a DL650.
  6. riding is much more fun than golf. :LOL:
    you will soon be hooked
    welcome and enjoy :)
  7. Hi Galex

If you haven't been up Arthur's Seat then you did get lost in the Icicle Ride very early.

Never mind, mate. We'll do it in the rerun.
  8. Thanks all, and specifically yes Pete I have noticed the V-Strom. It was what I had in mind when I mentioned dual purpose. kram64 I still play golf weekly and don't think I'll tire of it. It's hard to do both though. Another thing to think about is how to get to a golf course with a bag and buggy by bike, change clothes, etc. I still haven't worked that out, but maybe when the weather is a bit better.

Perhaps there is another golf nut here who has worked that out?

GreyBM, thanks Mate, I'll do it sooner than that but still look forward to a re-run.

Best regards,