Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Short-A$$ needs advice on adjusting levers

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Lectre, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Hello all
    I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to alter my clutch lever for my CBR600F3? I'm 5"7' and my hands aren't particularly big. I know (and have played with) the cable at the point which it connects with the lever, altering how far along it "grabs", but when i release the lever it goes straight on back to sitting in the full open position (which is hard to get a grip on).
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. i've got the same problem... (small hands hehe)

what i've done is wrapped a zip tie around the cable right between the lever and the perch. this limits the lever's rest position to be closer to the grips. then i adjusted the cable tension to that the friction point was suited to the more limited throw of the clutch lever. the width of the zip tie is around 4-5mm so there's plenty of lever travel still available, but the rest position is much easier for me.

3. For dirt bikes you can get different bends in the lever. I imagine for road bikes there are similar products. My bike has an adjustable lever so I can change the fully extended position. So another option may be an aftermarket perch.

4. you can buy aftermarket levers.
    Theres a brand called shorty's but the levers are actual shorter than normal but are fully adjustable. Come in all different colours as well

5. Awesome!
    Thanks everyone :)
    I might try the cheap plastic tie thing first, and if that fails then after market levers would be the way to go.
    Cheers d-_-b

6.  Top