Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

shopping centre visit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by abvc, Mar 2, 2007.

1. do you guys bring your helmet around while in a shopping centre, like chadstone? or they have a special place to drop the helmet?

2. I lock mine to the bike using the helmet lock Mr Suzuki thoughtfully provided.
    I find dropping a helmet in any spot is likely to damage it :cool:
  3. do you use the chin strap to hook it ?
  4. I had onr pinched that i locked to me bike, the jerks must of just cut through the strap.

Just bite the bullet and take it with me now...
  5. i take my helmet where ever i go..i like to let everyone know im a bikie. :p
  6. If they cut the chinstrap then the helmet is useless, so it seems that it was pinched as an act of vandalism.
    But pinched is pinched regardless of the motivation I guess, so it depends on what risk you are prepared to take!
    Much like anything associated with biking!
  7. Careful Cleverlie, bikies wear colours and ride Harleys.
    The rest of us are bikers :grin:
  8. I carry mine with my jacket... If i know its a pretty decent shopping center which is pretty secure, i'll leave it strapped to my bike on the helmet attachment thingy
  9. I know but most of the non biker world doesn't know the difference, biker bikie its all the same.
  10. The helmet makes a great carry bag for phone and keys ... so why leave it with the bike ? :)
  12. yeah i carry mine with me, i dont like the idea of it being locked and hung right near the red hot exhaust pipes... plus with the scum that floats round who knows what they'll do.. i have to have that thing really close to my head.... ewww :D
  13. I take it with me everywhere. I have a friend whose helmet was full of pee when he came back from the shopping centre on a thursday night. His bike was parked in the parking of the shopping centre and there were thousands of people going in and out the mall that night.

He didn´t realize until he put the helmet on his head [​IMG]

14. I was going to say oh shit, but clearly I would be referring to the incorrect bodily function :grin:
  15. What a piss head :rofl:
  16. If you think about it your helmet is more personal than your undies (at least they get washed once a day) If you leave your helmet with your bike the same scum who is willing to pinch it is the same morons that think it cool to wear a helmet without the strap, hench they will cut the strap to get the helmet !
  17. Umm.. unless they live in caves with no access to media, I can safely say
    they do know the difference. :LOL:
  18. If I'm alone; sure do. :cool:

If I followed someone, it goes in their boot.
  19. eww... i'll make sure my helmet always stick with me..
  20. Yeah I carry it around, I get 30+ cool hit points alone doing that, that and the fact ive noded at other riders carying around helmets.