Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shoei XR-1100 Chin Strap

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by murchy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. So I love my helmet, weighs virtually nothing and is just great all round.
    That said, I've recently noticed that the chin strap seems to be causing a bit of wind noise.

The chin strap, after being fed through the D rings, hooks back up and around and clips back on to the left strap, so that it doesn't flap around.

I wasn't sure it was the chin strap to begin with, but the noise was localized around the left side of the helmet, and since I undid the chin strap clip, it seems to have stopped. Don't get me wrong, it's not a ton of noise - the Shoei xr-1100 is incredibly quiet usually, it's just annoying because it only comes from one side.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  2. tuck it in on the other side, underneath the little black flap put there for this purpose hehe ;)
  3. i find mine to be noisy all-round. i can't pick localised noise from anywhere
  4. Guys - Check this video out. VERY helpful for our Shoei's. Useful tip to tackle wind/whistling noise :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. buy a chin curtin.. about $20. My Shoei doesnt have your problem
  6. Mine came with one. Don't all of them have one included?
  7. My XR1000 didn't
  8. Maybe the XR-1100's do.

Check THIS

The chin curtain does help a lot but the visor also needs to be tightened properly as per the video above.
  9. Thanks for the replies, and a very helpful video Lazy.
    I also do have a chin curtain.

I'm going to try tucking it into different spots.
  10. No problemo. (y)
  11. do what toadcat said, its a bit fiddly but the little pocket thing on the strap is there to solve this issue 100%.