Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shoei XR 1000 re line...

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by doggybaws, Feb 11, 2015.

1. G'day Bike folk....been a while since i posted on here...about 7 years i think....thought i might start hanging around again see what going on...Just a quick question...I have a shoei xr 1000 lid with about 30k kms on it now...starting to feel a bit loose...plus has a fair bit of beard rash...just wondering if anyone here replaces the lining....any info on genuine or after market kits appreciated...thanks

2. Man, I wanna cry. I cant get 5k out of lid before I drop it or knock it and consequently fark it. Sorry, can't be of any help, I just end up buying a new helmet :arghh:

3. Crikey, whatta you do wear it to work?...I could buy another...But iam kinda attached to it...

4. Doggybaws :

Mate, I generally have an 'operational' helmet in my possession for ~5 years, if it hasn't already kissed (pardon the pun) the world goodbye.

Sounds like inner liner/pads and chin strap could do with a look-over and possible replacement.

Our lids become a personal thing - if it's in great condition, apart from above, and the cost for alteration isn't excessive, I say go ahead. But if any doubt exists, get it looked at mate.

Safe, happy riding.

5. Really its not to bad to be honest..has a few marks ere and there and plastics are getting a bit dull...but to be honest i cant see any reason to replace it apart from its starting to feel a bit loose around the cheeks...the whole lining unbuttons on these helmets..i know i can buy after market cheek pads on the bay..but i don't like buying cheap rubbish...I am surprised know one else has thought about this?