Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shoei TZ-X Base Plate Replacement Question?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Lazy Libran, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Hey guys and gals..

Last weekend I snapped my visor locking mechanism (that allowed the visor to seal shut).

It is somewhat a little early to replace the helmet just because of that (as the helmet is perfectly ok) but because of the broken seal, I can hear the wind and the whistling. It's not too bad when I wear ear plugs but the even then - the noise is still there and starts annoying me after half an hour or so.

I saw THIS online and wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar issue before and the base plate replacement allowed the seal lock to work again. Pic below.

Will check a few stores when I get a chance but just wanted to find out first...

Thanks in advance!
  2. Iv'e not had the issue, but I'm pretty sure they're the only thing, aside from wear, that seals the visor (I've got the XR1000) so replacing it should solve the issue.
  3. interested in this as i have an older shoei helmet...not sure of the model off hand, but its in perfect condition apart from visor will not lock...wonder if this parts universal...its just a pillion lid...wish i could get a tinted screen for it also...
  4. there's only a few 'select' domes (3?) that use this bit, but you may be able to find a replacement part from Shoei or an AM supplier..
  5. yeah its an RF 900....
  6. Thanks for that...whats availability like though? sure i asked at peter Stevens a few years back for a visor and they said no longer available...
  7. I'm pretty sure Shoei is still making them..... I only just googled the model and it was something I saw.... if you email Shoei Aus, they should be able to tell you if they're still able to get them.
    Otherwise, you could always try finding an otherwise stuffed dome on ebay or something..
  8. thanks again...always on the look out via ebay..though its just a pillion lid...
  9. All right guys! Update is that I ended up buying the part as above and all is well now.

Visor seals perfectly now.

10. All right guys! Update is that I ended up buying the part as above and all is well now.

Visor seals perfectly now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. edit...

Double post..