Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

shoei helmet

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dean, May 13, 2006.

1. Hello all,
    today i spotted a shoei tz1 invader helmet at a bargin price,just wondering if anyone out there has this particular helmet,just wanting to know what they are like..wind noise,fogging.etc.i'm tossing up between this helmet and a hjc ac11 revenge helmet...can anyone help.
    both are around the same money.

2. I have a TZ-1. Me personally I like it. :) Its comfy and feels like its going to save my head. :roll:
    I find it does fogg in cold mornings with visor fully down but I would imagine any heavy breather would get that in early mornings. This is in slow speeds or at lights tho as the vent thingys are pretty good while riding.
    The only thing I find is at high speed :p it tends to push back a bit but I have a small head with a skinny neck.
    Happy buying. I'm assuming your looking at around $530.
    The darker visors use the crx-1 and you can pick them up for 60 bucks.
    Good luck with it.
  3. Hey Dean,

I would have to recommend trying them both on and getting the one that fits and feels best. Each brand of helmet has a different shape and its important to make sure it fits you really well.

I have a TZ1 myself and have found it quite a good helmet, but when i got it (and when ive been trying to find my next helmet over the last couple of weeks) the HJC was the wrong shape for my head and didnt fit me correctly so it wasnt an option.

Best of luck.

4. Hey Dean,

Personally go for the SHOEI -u wont go wrong - much better quality. Try to get the best Shoei your budget can allow.

I know I did - and im sure my head thanks me for it - every time I ride.

Good luck
  5. That model Shoei recently won the best value award from a UK bike magazine.
    The comment about head shape is valid though. I have a Shoei and find the HJC the wrong shape for me.