Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shoei.com.au

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by r@ndom, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

Just thought I would give a thumbs up to the shoe.com.au site. Ordered a new helmet from them on Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday. Great service.

Ordered online, cause I already had a helmet and knew my size so no need to try on etc...

Also I believe this site is linked to the helmet warehouse, has the same address.

2. Which one did you get?

3. Awesome, thanks, I was thinking about purchasing from there.

4. Yeah give us a pic of the lid!

5. I also believe this, the prices, web page set up & domain address are identical.

Funny thing is, when I question one of the owners at the shop about being one in the same; they denied it.

Not trying to defame either business, as I have been eyeing a helmet from the website and have purchased from the shop before without an issue; but I don't get what's the reason behind the contradictory response.

6. probably issues with using shoei.com.au being that shoei is a registered trademark, assuming that this is not part of the shoei company...

7. Shoei XR-1100 Chroma Red TC-1

shoei-xr1100-chroma-red1__13153_zoom.

shoei-xr1100-chroma-red-2__15453_zoom.

8. Nice man, I have that helmet too except in red/black

9. nice helmet - 1.7kg right ?

10. Something like that

11. Thanks it is 1.33 kg :)

12. last one i weighed was 1.7 kg

maybe I have it confused with the RF-1100 weighs 1746 grams

X-12 in size XL weighs 1766 grams compared to the Shoei X-11 at 1635 grams.

13. I'm pretty sure that site belongs to helmet warehouse as they are the importers

14. The RF-1100 & XR-1100 are one in the same helmet.

RF is the american and the XR is the aussie version.

15. rephrase that, 100% positive its Helmet Warehouse

16. I'm just going off the website specifications. Mine is a S so maybe the XL weighs a little more? But wouldn't think it was that much more.

Nice helmets though, although I have only owned the XR-1100 so don't know what others are like.