Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shock Sox - anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by scooter, Jun 1, 2005.

1. For anyone that hasn't seen one I am including a link at the end of this post.
    A Shock sock is a piece of fabric that fits around your rear shocker and held closed with velcro.

It is designed to keep the crud that is flung off of your back wheel from making it onto your shock, negating the need to install a hugger.

I am not very impressed with any of the huggers that are available for Single sided swingarm model Triumphs and so maybe interested in trialling a type of shocker cover like the example below.

My question is does anyone have any personal experience or heresay relevent to whether they are a good/bad thing and if it even works to make a purchase worthwhile.

As you can see the outlay for one of these is very low in comparison to a Hugger, which can vary from a little more than $100 to several$###.

I have noticed that they are very popular with quad bike riders so maybe this is where the idea originated before it morphed into street use.

2. hmmm, how about cutting the bottom out of a stubby holder and using that? :D cheap, and classy
  3. Did I fail to mention that It is for a Triumph not a Benelli :)