Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ShittyStink

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Jun 8, 2005.

1. As some of you that bother to read my posts :p may recall that I sent ShittyStink an email asking them to clarify their position on the photo matching fee.

This is what I wrote, and this is the response I got;

Code:
    Hello,

I have read many responses to emails that you guys have answered so
    please, allow me to save you the effort of doing a huge "cut & paste" or
    digging out the form letter that is being sent out to everyone.

The only question I have and would like answered is this;

Will riders that will not carry an E-Tag be charged a photo matching fee
    which is currently at $1.20??

This is all that I require to know. I can appreciate the fact that you
    have always had the right to toll motorcyclists under the Governments
    concession deed, yadd yadd yadda.

It seems to me and to other riders that CityLink is dancing around this
    issue and failing to answer it.

SO please, just the answer to one question.

Many thanks
    --
    Vic Fkiaras

This is the response I got from a DROID called Sharon. Notice the incorrect spelling of my surname?

Code:
    Dear Mr Fkiaris,

Thank you for your email dated June 6, 2005.

CityLink would like to advise that a decision on whether to change its
    current practice of not tolling motorcycles is yet to be made.

At this stage, we confirm motorcycles may still travel on CityLink free of
    charge with an e-TAG device or CityLink Pass not being required, and
    extensive testing of the technology is still required before any decision
    can and will be made.

The future upgrades in CityLink’s on-road tolling technology are expected
    to improve the efficiency of video tolling, through the capturing of images
    of rear number plates, and CityLink will continue to liaise with
    motorcyclists’ representative groups throughout this process.

Please do not hesitate to contact CityLink should you have any further
    queries.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon
    CityLink Melbourne Limited
    Customer Care
    [email]ccare@citylink.com.au[/email]
    [url]www.citylink.com.au[/url]

I will send them the same letter over and over again until such time that it is answered.

Who is up for a form letter that we can ALL send to ShittyStink so they can create a new position to answer emails. Might take someone off the unemployment list???? :p

2. Maybe you just weren't being clear enough. Try writing a slightly more specific query. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Sorry I know it's not funny. :D :D

3. I'm happy to be the biggest pain in the arse CityLink has had yet til they tell us exactly what they are doing!!

:D :D :D

4. not much point me joining in.. but good onya Vic.

keep it up!!

JJ

5. Write it up, and we will email. ;)
    I'm sure theres an automation option in Outlook Express to send an email every X hours; so lemme see.. myself alone; 3 email addresses linked to Outlook Express, that's gotta be a step in the right direction.

I was chatting with an important figure at the MRAA clubhouse before the recent A class ride on the sunday just gone (my apologies to the guy, i'm pitiful at remembering names) who was also sick of squeezing for an answer. At this rate, the $1.20 is per analysis of the photo... hence a run through a small section of citylink which would cost a car $1.50; the bike is charged say $0.70 + $1.20 = $1.90! Way to go Shitty Kink.

6. Write it up Vic and they will come . Count me in :D .

7. I'd be happy to help, just send me a copy......

8. My little effort
    obviously i didn't use my real name :)

Sharon
    CityLink Melbourne Limited
    Customer Care
    ccare@citylink.com.au
    www.citylink.com.au

Dear Sharon

Ok I have had enough of the form letters that you droids send us and treat us like idiots
    I will ask you plainly and I will expect a PROPER answer.
    WILL THERE BE A PROCESSING FEE FOR MOTORCYCLES WHEN YOUR TOLLING COMES IN?
    SIMPLE QUESTION DON'T SEND ME THE SAME FORM LETTER YOU HAVE SENT TO EVERYONE ELSE!
    Jim (don't treat me like an idiot) Boukis

9. What part of "CityLink would like to advise that a decision on whether to change its current practice of not tolling motorcycles is yet to be made." do people not understand?

If they haven't made any decision yet, then no amount of continual arrogance in emailing them will make the process any faster. It wouldn't surprise me if they simple stop answering motorcyclists queries :(

10. And where have they addressed the processing fee have you noticed that we haven't?
    Like "We will address the processing fee as part of decision making process"
    An answer to THAT query isn't gonna hurt them.
    It's not arrogance on our part it's arrogance on theirs.

11. Yup, totally agree - that's exactly how it will work.

12. Cart before the horse Nick .. you wouldn't waste staff/management time analysing and making a decision on video matching fee's before you've even made a decision to toll in the first place. No amount of arrogant emails will make it happen, and as I said they are far more likely just to stop responding.

13. That was Dale, I believe. But yes, the fact they would charge you video matching fees per section sounded rather frightening. Would make a bike far more expensive than a car, 50% or not.

14. Nothing arrogant about the email at all.
    It is asking a certain question only after being fed a form letter.
    How long do you usually wait for a proper answer before you demand one?
    In my line of work a wrong answer can determine your future outcome.
    Like I said they are the arrogant ones.
    They WILL introduce Tolls that's a given but we have to make it clear that we will not wear the processing fees and they refuse to address that.

15. That is nearly word for word what they sent lil and me except 1 paragraph is missing .

16. No they don't. You refuse to accept that they haven't yet addressed it, and are demanding that they do so now and give you an answer. Arrogance is exactly what you are displaying - demand that they address it now, make a decision now, and give you an answer now.

17. Nowhere has Citylink stated that they would or will charge a motorcycle a matching fee.

18. Nope I am not demanding a decision
    I am asking a simple question which I would like to see addressed even if they say "we are looking into the processing fee".
    You better look up the definition of arrogance Jason because as a teacher I can tell you arrogance is definitely what I am not displaying when i asked them the hard questions.
    Arrogance is failing to address an issue and sending you a form letter even though you have asked them not to send you a form letter.
    Why do you fail to see that?

19. You wrote .... "WILL THERE BE A PROCESSING FEE FOR MOTORCYCLES WHEN YOUR TOLLING COMES IN? SIMPLE QUESTION DON'T SEND ME THE SAME FORM LETTER YOU HAVE SENT TO EVERYONE ELSE!"

That's exactly demanding an answer, especially when you put it in capitals. You won't accept the previous responses that they haven't even yet decided to toll motorcycles, and are continually asking the same question on a processing fee and expecting an answer.

It's exactly what you are displaying. Overbearing (capitals), presumptuous (that they have made a decision or owe you an answer), and an air of superiority (calling them droids) .. that's all arrogance - even to a teacher