Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shipping for imported Parts (F4i Fuel Pressure Regulator)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Moorf, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement Fuel Pressure Regulator for my 2002 CBR600 F4i. Part number 16740-MBW-J32. All the Honda shops in Melbourne seem to sell them for $133. In the US they are only $54 (less in AU$) - the catch being shipping, from $39-$57 from the online shops I tried.

Does anyone have a recommendation for buying parts? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. I got a few small parts for my (also 2002) F4i from MrCycles, on recommendation from work colleagues. New seat catch, bolt and guard, and a CCTL. Shipping was $34.

3. Buy from an online store where you can buy some tyres as well. Win win. Make the shipping pay for itself:)

4.  Top
  5. Add a few other small parts to the order....consumables like oil, air, fuel filters, plugs ( if you use iridiums ), levers, gaskets, bling....etc

spread the cost of postage over a higher value order, remember to stay under A$1000

6. I'd buy it locally for that price, but that's just me...

7. What he said.
    When I do order anything online I get registered post or postal insurance though.

8. Just be sure that the fuel pressure regulator is compatible with working in the southern hemisphere.........suggest you query the supplier.

Liquids, such as water or petrol does vortex in different directions north and south of the equator due to the Coriolis effect and manufactures have endeavoured to take this into account when marketing product in the USA.
    Another reason why some suppliers will NOT export to Australia :p

• Like Like x 1

9. If the part number Moorf supplied is off an Australian bike and the same part number is found on a US or English Site (for example) then that issue would not be a problem.

Most parts on any given bike are supplied on a global basis, however, some parts due to local laws/conditions maybe country specific.

10. Think you'll find same part number, just the vortex regulator mirror reversed in manufacturing so that fuel is injected either clockwise or anticlockwise depending on hemispherical requirements.........

......not wanting to argue, its just a thought

11. ........likewise

By making that change then that would require another part number otherwise how would the person installing that part on any given bike tell if the bike is going north or south of the equator.

Any part on any vehicle that varies from the standard part will have it's own part number and code which matched to the option code on the vehicle as it goes along the production process. The process is similar if not identical whether it's a car, bike, truck or bus. Even aeroplanes.

12. pointless kickin' a dead horse mate.........expected more response than this... think its over :)