Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shift Vertex Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by GnomeOomps, Jan 4, 2009.

1. #1 GnomeOomps, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hey guys,

I am looking at this jacket to be my first leather jacket, but have a question about it.

The jacket has an aero hump on the back, it doesnt appear to be as big as some of the other ones i saw in the shop. I am just wondering if anyone rides with this jacket or any other jacket with an aero hump on the back, are they comfortable?

The other thing as well is i am only an L plater, so me on a hectic 250cc motorbike would look kinda wierd if i am not riding it in a forward leaning pose. Thoughts?
    I know this is a personal preference, but thats the sort of cut of the jacket i am after, and from most of the jackets i tried in the shop, it seemed to have the best armour in it. (bar the back protector)

I was also looking at the white version, but am certain that it would get dirty very quickly.
  2. who gives a damn about what you ride or what u wear

if you feel good in the jacket and good on your bike, thats what matters. If you like the shift one, go for it!

im gonna buy the RC-1 with the much bigger back hump on it and havent thought once about what others are gonna think... I want it for my own protection more than anything.