Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

shift redline leather pants and dainese axial boots

Discussion in 'Pants' started by vtecr, May 26, 2009.

1. sorry i don't know how to post pics...

I had a pair of gaerne boots and plain leather pants since 1999 and you get wider as the years go on...anyway, had a lowside 2003 but both were ok apart from scuff marks.

Feeling my age, (bought an 07 cbr600rr 1 month ago), i wanted something with padding if i fall again and the shoes were getting unconfortable so i went shopping.

I originally wanted RST leather pants but they do not fit properly, so the Shift were tried on and they stayed on for the next 20 minutes! So I looked at the Alpinestars they had on sale and wouldn't you know, they were unconfortable. The salesperson said do you want to try the Daineses? The only time i bought a helmet, i tried from the bottom of the range until i knew that the Shoei were going to fit my head - in which I bought. Were they comfortable!

Anyway, credit maxed out later, I was semi regretting the price on the items I just bought.

After a few rides, now I do not want to take them off. Sooo comfortable. Now i know my body has expensive fittings.

I never want to buy the top of the range or the bottom of the range, just value for money. But it seems my body disagrees...