Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shift Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Kyle, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Was considering buying a shift leather jacket, does anyone have any experience with this brand, would it be a good purchase? Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kyle

2. Er... welcome.. I have a shift 2 piece. Problem I've had is that the zip together section has frayed somewhat, so will need to get it fixed. For not much more $ you can get alpine stars or for the same $ you can get berik, which is what I'd get if I had to buy again.

3. Havent had a problem at all and all my gear if shift.

4. Thanks guys i appreciate the input

5. Had a shift jacket, lasted about 2 years (including two stacks) - one i went for a slide along the road at about 60km/h, and that wore a hole in the shoulder of the jacket (lucky the armor was underneath).

The arm zip on the left side died about a year ago, as did the press stud closure on the right wrist.

The main zip ended up just falling apart and just splitting everytime it was done up.

apart from my experiences with the quality, it was a bloody comfy jacket, more comfy than the A* that I've replaced it with.