Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SHIFT Jackets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by lonewolf, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Hey all i was lookin at buyin a shift jacket as i am goin for L's any advise or comments cheers

2. Shift make pretty good motocross gear.

If it fits and you like the look am sure it will last a while
  3. I have a leather shift jacket, comfy as, seems to be good quality! Check the stitching where the fabric stretchy panels meet the leather, mine's starting to fray a bit (having a few offs doesn't help :LOL: )
  4. Do a search, as well. This has been asked before.

I have a leather SHIFT jacket, and love it. It was very similar to a comparable model Alpinestars...but at a fraction of the price.

That being said, I also have a pair of street-fighter-type gloves that are not holding up well at all :mad:
  5. Hi,

I have a SHIFT jacket, its a good fit and its comfortable. But I am quite a small size so the bigger brand (i.e. Alpinestars) don't really fit me.

At the end of the day, its going to protect you, so get something you feel comfortable and does the job!
  6. Looks good
    Fits good
    Price good
    All good.

Have a think about when you are going to wear it, is it all year round? maybe a tectile might be the go. Leather is a pain in the wet or heat. maybe get two jackets, there is a bit to consider.

I got an A* stunt jacket that I can wear about 75% of the time, vented with a zip out core, :cool:
  7. I wear a shift jacket - infact im wearing it as i type this out lol!

I am quite happy with it - they have a winter liner in it and they do keep you pretty warm even since it is a leather jacket. Stitching is pretty good also and the armour inside is stiched inside also instead of being placed in a pocket inside the jacket so it doesnt move much if you crash.

Also the price is quite good compared to some of the other jackets you can buy that have well stitched seams etc.
  8. im on the same boat.
    im stuck between a shift jacket and an apinestars jacket.
    they both do the same job at the end of the day.