Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SHIFT jacket sizing. Need advice/help.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Nucleotide, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I fit into a size 44 US / 54 EUR A* leather jacket quite snug - it's basically the perfect fit.

My current M2R jacket is 42 US (Large) - also a nice fit - maybe 'slightly' too big now that it's stretched a little - still a good fit though.

I tried on a XL Shift textile jacket in store (no idea of the actual size in terms of numbers - 42 / 44 etc - it was printed on the jacket or tags anywhere that I could see) and it seemed way too big for me. I was thinking that a Medium would be the way to go but according to SHIFT's sizing charts, I should be a Large. I highly doubt this is the case though.

Can anyone confirm whether SHIFT jacket sizes (specifically the textile jackets) changes greatly from XL to L? I really don't think a Large will fit too well based on the size of the XL.

Thanks a lot.

2. I have a Shift leather jacket in a medium, and it was a bit tight at first, but has loosened up considerably now.

I'm 6', 82kg and pretty broad across the chest (about 45"), my only real gripe with the Shift jacket is the cut around the midriff, it seems shaped more for someone with a bit of a pot-belly.

According to every sizing chart, for every motorcycle brand there is, I should be a 54 Euro (44 US), but whenever I try them on it appears 50 or 52 is the more appropriate fit - so I wouldn't put too much stock in the sizing charts for jackets.

3. this is true

i own a (L) size Shift textile, 6' and 93kgs, 45" chest and everything fits fine except for the pot-belly midriff

when you take the lining out it seems a bit voluminous, but once you hit the road you realise this provides great ventilation. been commuting ATGATT in the 40+ degree weather in sydney recently and gotta say i'm quite comfortable and happy up top.

4. Thanks for the replies - that helps a lot. (y)

It looks like I'd be a Medium based on the above - I've got a 42" chest at max. XL was way too big so I don't see a Large fitting all that well either.

Oh well, I shall order the Medium and hopefully it fits ok. It's coming from the US which is why I'm trying to get the size correct. If not, there will be a brand new Shift Air Avenger Black and White jacket going on sale on Net Rider soon. :D