Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shift-I

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by ypkhaw, Oct 11, 2005.

1. I know, I know, against some of the advice received I bought one these anyway :p http://www.ecliptech.com.au

I had it installed on my pre-2003 VTR250 (no tacho :( ) over the weekend.
    It involved a bit probing around with a multimeter... pulling a new wire for the "tacho" signal... a bit of splicing and soldering... then crossing of fingers.... and voila... all done!...

hehe, it's actually more time consuming than it sounds (but that's a different story)... well, it's in now and I'm very happy with it! :D

anyway, if interested, a photo of my install is now posted in the gallery of ecliptech website.

2. I know the man who makes em... good man...

Good idea though bit on the pricy side and over done by my oppinion.. if was to scale down the options perhaps it would make it a bit more afordable for cheep scates like me...

3. haha if you know them get him to make you one cheaper.

and since you'll out there and getting on cheaper you might as well grab me one as well.

4. Ow I have been asking him to do that... and nope he will not do it... He likes things with a heap of options... like Volt miter built in.. and a CDI check built in.. WHO CARES?? I want a RPM meter and that is all!!

5. Ow I have been asking him to do that... and nope he will not do it... He likes things with a heap of options... like Volt miter built in.. and a CDI check built in.. WHO CARES?? I want a RPM meter and that is all!!

6. I suppose he could have made a "lite" version. But I like all the options that came with it - hence having to pay for it! :D

Maybe Jaycar has a simple RPM meter kit to suit?

7. "Maybe Jaycar has a simple RPM meter kit to suit"

They do, but their tacho kits only go to 9,999 rpm

JJ

8. That thing looks awesome!!
    Can ask how much it set you back?

9. Eclipze is a very cluey guy...

He puts a hell of a lot of work into his stuff. Lots of R&D and testing. He also uses all the best quality electronics. I know a few guys who have got them and they look fantastic and work really well. They are even popping upon a few overseas forum.

10. Between $165 and $187 depending on which one you get.