Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

shick adjustment

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by littleal, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    will winding up adj shocks create more slack in the chain?

cheers littla al

2. it should read shock adj not shick adj.

2 many beers

little al
  3. I was going to say....

.... with my Shick, I just throw away the old blade and put in a new one :LOL:.
  4. That is a Schicking pun Paul.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. yep, I'm razor sharp tonight :LOL:.
  6. Litt Leal, what did you want to know, in english this time mate.

Resists all urges to make a pun...
  7. The question was about SHOCK adjustment, but some people here :roll: took it as an opportunity for levity and unsolicited merriment :LOL:.
  8. I dunno Paul, that first pun was close, the second even closer! :rofl:

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Thanks Paul for trying to put a salve on the situation... I'm sure littleal is feeling soothed at your explanation.

In all sheariness though, I don't think shock adjustment will effect chain slack.

10. Hi folks,
    I was a bit full on saturday night after spending doing honey do stuff all day,& a fair bit of my stuff ,i had a few beers .
    What i was asking is ,when you wind up adjustable shocks ,does it make a difference to the tenision in the chain?????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cheers little al
  11. Use the adjusters on the rear axle for chain adjustment.

Shock adj is for spring preload.
  12. silly question,can you adjust the chain with the rear wheel on the ground??????

why when i undone the adj on the shock the chain slack noise went away?

:? :? :? :?
    cheers little al
  13. Little Al,

The chain slack question is a smoke screen.

Adjust the suspension preload to suit your weight and riding style - there are many suspension adjustment guides on the net and many references in these forums.

Once that's done, adjust the chain slack by following the instructions in your manual.