Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

She's home, she's home...at last

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mick M, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Picked up my new baby today.:happy:
    2007 V-Strom 650 ABS

The 'Welcome Home' ritual begins early tomorrow, with a top-to-toe wash, adjustment of controls, chain clean and a naming ceremony. Then a gentle cruise with my daughter, who's almost as excited as me, about the new addition to the clan.

I've asked my family for name suggestions, although just b/ween you and me, I've already picked one and I'm non-negotiable.

Once the sun is out there will be photos and then a new showcase item. My first, to be exact.
    Stay tuned, folks...:whistle::whistle::whistle:
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 7
  2. VStroms are nice bikes :)

<--- not biased at all... <.< >.>
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. great stuff Mick
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Exciting day for you today Mick, congrats on the new purchase, looking forward to pics and will see you HERE (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. enjoy your new ride
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Congratulations Mick, No excuse not to come on the Jindabyne Ride in March now. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. congrats hope the new addition brings you much joy :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Congrats...

The new bike feeling is hard to beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Woooohooo Mick MMick M verra nice!
    Looking forward to your showcase and the name reveal :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Perfect. Congratulations mate
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Who's a happy boy then. :)
    Give us a look then.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ooohh, Ive got a DL650 to name too... no idea where to start!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Congrats on the new bike Mick! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. C'mon Mick MMick M , how long does it take to clean a bike and take a pic? It's gone 7 pm now!
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. I used to own a V-Strom, and she was called Betty Barge-Arse (because, with the Givi panniers on, she wasn't a pretty sight from behind!).
    In spite of her looks, she was a great bike though. Congratulations on your choice!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Well done Mick. Great choice that will make you very happy.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nice bike. Congrats Mick.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. lucky b. envious but i am not ready to step up yet
  19. Congratulations to the new acquisition, I hope you have lots of fun with it. It has been a long time since I had a little one riding pillion, does anyone know what the legal minimum age is? I hope I will still be riding when my grandchildren are old enough :rolleyes:
  20. fruechtelfruechtel There's different laws for different states but in NSW a pillion passenger must be at least 8 years old...