Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shark Evoline Series 2 helmet

Discussion in 'Helmets' at netrider.net.au started by robsalvv, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Just purchased a Shark Evoline Series 2 helmet from my local bike shop, Race Replica in Braybrook. Many thanks to Brad and Emily for looking after me in the wallet department. Cheers.

I literally bought it today so will give it a week or two before I give a decent write up... but the features alone and my move into motorcycle coaching make this a highly versatile helmet! Internal sun visor, flip top chin bar, extended cheek section, additional space for blue tooth components... it will probably be noisy, but the ability to talk freely by flipping the chin bar balances that out. I always wear earplugs anyway, so all good.

These pics give some impression of the helmet - and is a similar non flashy colour to the one I bought.

15168_Nuovo_casco_modulare_Evoline_by_Shark.

shark-evoline-interieur.

In the meantime, you can see a detailed review here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/shark-evoline-series-2/

2. I adore these helmets, definitely my first purchase when I get a new bike some time. I'm particularly enamoured with the paint scheme called 'Moovit' I think, the black with glow in the dark white circles on it

3. I've had one of these for about 9 months and as much as I want to like it, I don't.

The sun visor doesn't come down far enough, which was one of the things Shark said was improved over the series 1. Also I find it really irritates the top of my ears after half an hour or so which none of my other helmets do ( a cheap rjays flip up and an Arai RX-Q).
    I bought it because I liked the fact you could wear it as an open or a full face helmet but overall I'm very disappointed and would think twice before buying another Shark.

4. Shark helmets are finicky in terms of fit, you need to have a shark head in order to feel comfortable in one.

5. The series two sun visor comes down lower. It sits just above the tip of my nose which might be enough. Definitely lower than the series 1. The main visor doesn't seem to go up high enough though - the lower part is still in the peripheral vision.

I've haven't had a chance to go for a ride in it, but the old lounge room break in has been working well. No obvious pressure spots. I've got a spare G4 head set that I'm going to mount in it. It's a lot heavier than my normal everyday shark... that will take some getting used to.

I priced it locally at a few places and interestingly they all had the same "reduced" price. The delivered price from Revzilla was on par with the deal Race Rep did for me. I can't argue with that and it has an AS sticker sown into the liner to boot.

As for flip ups, I bought an RJAYs tourtech for all of 35minutes. I couldn't stand the wind inside the helmet, made my eyes water - I begged for the shop to take it back. This is a much better quality helmet and hopefully nowhere near as windy as the RJAYS.

6. How much was the helmet? cheapest i've seen them in Australia was still like $450 or something

7. Series 2 at that price retail, is a sensational price. Mine was North of that. Standard rrp in Oz appears to be $550.

8. Hmm, can't seem to find one now...maybe it was a special I saw or something, was about six months ago or so. Think it might've been in person at Bikemart? Dunno

9. So I've used the helmet a bit now and am liking it.

It's a little windier than my full face helmet but acceptably so, unlike the RJAYS Tourtech that I owned for 29minutes. What a shocker of a helmet.

The increased peripheral vision is substantial! I'm liking that!

The internal sun visor is a winner!

The helmet is reasonably comfortable, but I haven't used it on a long ride yet to see whether there are any long term pinch points.

Flicking the chin bar up and into jet position is easy to do, but the visor must be up to do it - and up to return it.

With the chin bar in jet position and the visor down, there's plenty of protection from the elements.

Just a user tip. Clicking the chin into place while moving takes a little effort. Choose your time wisely, it can take a second or two... in two seconds, you're 30m+ down the road.

The helmet is still a little tight on me and it takes some effort to remove, but given the flip feature, I probably wont need to remove it as often as the full face.

I've fitted a G4 Scala rider which is working a treat. I had to use the double side stick pad option though. The only thing is that the recess for the speakers is so deep that the speakersa re just a little too far away from the ears - something to fix soon with a convenient piece of velcro.

Overall, digging the helmet. :)

10. How's the wind noise and fogging?

Tapatalking from somewhere, maybe even behind you so look out!!!

11. I have a series 2 st from PS cost me just under $500

Very happy its my 2nd evoline after I killed my series 1

I have about 4-5 lids for all different uses

Now I only need the one again

12. Wind noise is about par to a frag more than my full face helmet.

Fogging, I don't know yet. The brochure that it came with said that the visor has been treated to limit fogging. I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe Andrewd can shed some light?

13. Oh I forgot to add, the helmet is definitely heavier than my full face but some margin and when the chin is in the jet position, there's just a tug of a slightly imbalance of weight towards the back of the helmet. Not a lot, but just enough to notice. Frankly I was surprised that it wasn't more - the design is just about right.