Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Sharing the road campaign - "Travel Happy"

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Vicroads are launching a "Share the road" campaign in April to encourage motorists, cyclists, trucks, pedestrians and motorbikes to have mutual respect on Victorian roads. The goal is to encourage road users to Travel Happy together, hence the "Travel Happy" campaign.

In the lead-up to the launch of the campaign they are conducting a survey of different road users to get an understanding of the community’s current attitudes. The results from the survey will be used for PR/media purposes.

Motorcyclists are one of our key audiences for the campaign and they want 200 riders to undertake a brief online survey (found at this link) http://direct.pureprofile.com/s3/haystac.

Have a look at the survey - here's your chance to help influence the campaign.

If you have any comments or concerns, leave them below, I'll pass them onto the Travel happy team.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Suspicious me is worried it's another survey-trap to report that all motorcyclists are hoons.
  3. Done. Not bad, some of the ones about the way other road user impact my commute was a bit broad, none of them were quite on the mark - an 'other - please specify' option would have helped.
  4. I understand the suspicion but we need to try and have our voice heard as well. Completed, it.
  5. I think it's a great idea - to try and change the attitude of drivers on the roads to be more friendly and considerate of others. It's a huge difference traveling in areas where people are polite, helpful, etc compared to people with a selfish and aggressive attitude.
  6. On first reading ..What do you hate most about other road users ? Looks like their preparing a story for channel 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Did everyone do the survey as a rider ? if you do the Survey as a driver do they ask the question ""what annoys you the most about MC riders ? what are the 4 options ?

looks as you can only complete the survey once. ? did try on 3 different devices .
  8. Done.. Although the questions where pretty generic.
  9. I tried opening the survey in two different Private browser sessions. Completed the first one as a rider, then went to do the second as a driver and only got to enter my State, age, gender and the postcode before being booted to the completion page. :(
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yes same here ! That's why I'm wondering what are the questions about riders if you complete as a drive ?
  11. Not done - but looked into the question/ answer combo through various means....

Hmmmm.....not convinced....

>> next.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. #12 BitSar, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Try a VPN or an IP spoofing method.

I was actually contemplating writing a script/bot + VPN tunnel combo to stack the results....
    Then I realised I have dogs to walk, beers to drink and steak to BBQ....

Maybe later...
  13. That's what I was trying to discover, but thought if I only got the one chance I'd prefer to do so as a rider. I guess we"ll have to wait and see if somebody does it as a driver and can show/tell us any differences.

C'mon man, don't leave us hanging! We gots ta know! Was it six shots, or only five?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Pretty basic algorithm.

If you answer car as mode of transport the outcome is set.
    Same for pushbike,
    Same for moto,
    Same for public transport.

The model is biased by it's design.
    Survey is invalid.

::end of line
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Just in case anyone cares who owns this:

Domain Name: pureprofile.com
    Registry Domain ID: 32060128_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Updated Date: 2014-01-23 09:29:43
    Creation Date: 2000-07-28 11:13:49
    Expiration Date: 2015-07-29 01:13:49
    Registrar: PlanetDomain Pty Ltd
    Registrar IANA ID: 240
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [​IMG]@netregistry.com.au
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +61 2 9934 0501
    Domain Status: ok
    Registrant ID: 211630
    Registrant Name: Paul Chan
    Registrant Organization: Pureprofile
    Registrant Street: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Registrant City: Sydney
    Registrant State/Province: NSW
    Registrant Postal Code: 2000
    Registrant Country: au
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Phone: +61.293339700
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Email: [​IMG]@pureprofile.com
    Admin ID: 211631
    Admin Name: pureprofilepureprofile
    Admin Organization: pureprofile
    Admin Street: 22/26a Lime Street
    King Street Wharf
    Admin City: Sydney
    Admin State/Province: New South Wales
    Admin Postal Code: 2000
    Admin Country: au
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Phone: +61.293339700
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Email: [​IMG]@pureprofile.com
    Tech ID: 211632
    Tech Name: pureprofilepureprofile
    Tech Organization: pureprofile
    Tech Street: 22/26a Lime Street
    King Street Wharf
    Tech City: Sydney
    Tech State/Province: New South Wales
    Tech Postal Code: 2000
    Tech Country: au
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Phone: +61.293339700
    Tech Fax:
    Tech Email: [​IMG]@pureprofile.com
    Name Server: ns-541.awsdns-03.net
    DNSSEC: Unsigned delegation
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Surely deleting your cookies and reconnecting your modem (to get a new IP addy) would be sufficient? Christ, it can't be that bloody sophisticated can it?
  17. What are the differences? "The outcome is set." Meaning?
  18. Only if your ISP has not set IP affinity.
  19. The entire survey is weighted on that one specific answer.

Essentially - that answer sets an arbitrary value which must map to an outcome they are trying to prove/disprove.

A form of "Null hypothesis testing"

Rejecting or disproving the null hypothesis—and thus concluding that there are grounds for believing that there is a relationship between two phenomena (e.g. that a potential treatment has a measurable effect)
  20. I understand the theory. Can you please enlighten us as to exactly what the various "set" outcomes are in each scenario, and from that what do you think this "survey" is trying to be "prove" from this?