Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Shannons ad in twowheels... is it just me?! hahaha...

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by JL, May 4, 2007.

1. Sorry if this belongs in the humour section but i'm sure you've all seen the shannons ad with the guy in the white icon jacket posing with darryl b and his yammy quoting his favorite ride as the black spur - fair enough... but in the current twowheels shannons ad we have "Marc" and his custom deuce. "Marc's" favorite "ride" is quoted as "the cafe scene of chapel st, prahran and lygon st"... I mean SERIOUSLY, wtf?! I don't know whether to laugh or cry :roll:

Wtf was the marketing dept thinking when they came up with this gem?!?! :rofl:

2. Just had a quick look through my copy. And man that guy looks the part, his bike is i quote "Totally rebuilt,fully customised", :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: So what it can go down 50km'h down chappel st.
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Whatever floats ur boat really!!!!
  3. Of more interest is Miss Joanne on the MV Agusta in their AMCN ad. :grin:
  4. I noticed a spiral bound book about White Jacket Guys favourite roads up the East Coast of Oz (including maps) produced in conjunction with Shannons on sale at BikeMart when I visited last Saturday.

Win-win cross promotion...
  5. that's it right there!

i can just picture the ad exec's rolling on the floor coming up with stereotypical mc riders. all "groups" are pretty much covered in their print ads

who the hell knows if indeed the people pictured aren't just models playing the part?

most of us who ride are f@#king ugly anyway...that's pretty much the main reason we put helmets on our heads, right? :LOL: :wink:

6. Hey, I resemble that remark!!! :grin: :LOL: :p
  7. Seems reasonable - that's exactly the sort of customer Shannons actually wants. They don't want anyone who actually rides their bike, they might crash it and make a claim.
  8. I've not seen the latest ad.
    So what constitutes a motorcycle rider? I think you could be a little elitist. We all ride bikes for purposes that suite US. :?

9. That got me laughing as well :LOL: I think I saw it in the copy of Two Wheels I have here. Free copy (subscription) due to that competition that it seemed almost everyone won? heh
  10. Please kill me now.
  11. On Sunday Loz.....Can you wait that long?? :LOL:
  12. You lot are unreal :roll:

Marc's "favourite ride" happens to be the coffee scene. Might have something to do with him being Italian? Just like Friday night Coffee at Southbank, or Saturday night coffee at St.Kilda etc, etc. It's what he likes to do. I doubt he laughs at you lot for frequenting the other coffee nights :p

Ridiculing one of our members that featured in an ad isn't very nice now is it? We could have a star amongst us. When he makes it over in Bollywood he'll show you all :rofl:

None of those people are in fact models, they are all riders, they were paid a pissy little fee and given some free motorcycle stuff for their efforts. They wanted me but in the end they said I was too good looking and that everyone would be drooling over me to pay any attention top the ad*

I'd be applauding Shannons for going out and seeking riders rather than models for their ads.

The only person that I would be happy you lot were taking the piss out of, would be Mr. Monotone himself, Blockhead Beatie :grin:

* I am of course talking complete shit, I only threw that in coz it sounds good :p
  13. Sorry if that offended you (or even you Marc - my apologies, but you seem like the kinda guy that could take it on the chin) :)

Perhaps you should check the ad out :wink:

Sure he's a motorcycle rider but what made me crack up is the favourite ride being a congested street with 50km limits that you putt along in first or second gear :LOL:

Well, I guess that I'm just a cynical b@astrd but in the context of the "share the passion" campaign I almost wet my pants when I saw this. Pure gold. Indeed it seems like shannons is just throwing out stereotypes.

I can't wait for the next ad in the series - I reckon we should have a poll on who the next character will be. Hmmm... do we have a dirt bike rider, a tourer (actually maybe not, they ride too often), the classic rider.... or is it more about what the people look like? Will we get a female rider, a Ulysses rider, a celebrity (not Bollywood) rider? Anyway, I'm sure it won't disappoint!

that's pretty funny...
  14. Hahaha, don't know how I missed this, no more guessing then...
  15. I'm not offended but I dont go around "dissing" what people ride, where they ride or how they ride. The important thing is they ride. (or at least say they do)
  16. Hope he doesn't read that and remind me about it when he sees me at the F1 next year :oops: