Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SFR Chains

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fozzy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Any good?

They're cheap - are they cheap and NASTY? :twisted:

2. How cheap? Nam and his stunter mates run lengths of plain old industrial x-ring chain, clip linked, and they're perfectly happy. I think he was getting it for somewhere around fifty bucks a length. Those chains get flogged harder than your average rider's.

Give them a crack and let us know how you go, dollar for dollar.
  3. 530 O rings I've seen as cheap as $40 on clearance.

Not sure what to think - I might give one a crack on my existing sprockets (they're in good knick) and see how it goes.

I have a nasty tight spot in my existing chain, so it cant be worse that that I'm sure.
  4. i have run the sfr chains. been through about 3 sets but like loz says, they get pretty abused with what we do. the side plates are soft - they stretch easily and you'll be adjusting tension regularly.

but the last straw for me was when i found that the cross pins can flog out the side plate holes. the only thing holding that pin in place was the circlip holding it to the other pin! :shock: this is not from neglect of maintenance, it was totally unexpected.

conclusion: spend more money on better gear.