Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sexiest 600 naked under $6k ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by fizmotech, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I like bikes without fairings. I like that modern industrial raw look.

I realise this is purely subjective, but what is considered the sexiest naked bike in this budget price range?

2. for 6k you will be pushing to just find a decent example......buy then mod it to suit :wink:

3. I'd buy a scuffed up, cosmetically rooted 2000+ 600-1000cc sportsbike for 3-4k and spend the following to make it a proper nakey:

$350 'superbike' bar risers kit from ABM, including a new top triple clamp, bar risers, flat handlebars and longer braided brake/clutch lines to suit the new bars

$150 speedo similar to what slickncghia's put on his fighter

$100-300 streetfighter headlight unit

$10-20 on 2-pack black paint

And voila le man bike.

4. huh?

2005 fz600 isnt too old for me, but yeah maybe needs some mods. but was hoping for something a bit more techno, edgey

5. $350?! My ABM triple and Fat Bar risers alone cost $460 from AusFR, then what, $100 for a Fat Bar, and $160 for braided lines.

6. mmmmmmmmmmm now your talking !

7. Yamaha SRX-600 :cool: .

8. As much as I respect those guys and love what they've done for the local market, it's just cheaper to get stuff from the US with today's exchange rates:
    http://www.streetfightersinc.com/HandleBarRiserKits.htm

9. An old Motard.

10. It all comes down to what kind of person you are;

if you want to be a 'Show pony', go an old Monster 600.

If you want to be different to the mainstream buy an TRX850, and get an emo hair cut.

and if you are 'the only gay in the village' buy a ER6n, and a flag pole..(not that there's anything wrong with that)

or
    If you do have some bollocks buy a 2001 model R6/R1, strip it down & turn it in to a street fighter, like Loz said.

11. well as i have gonads the size of watermelons, best i do what im told :wink:

12. buy my bike. i'll even give you a bonus 179cc and $50 cash back. but "sexy" isnt exsactly the first word that comes into mind

i wish i hadn't told anyone that i got it that cheap or i wouldve been able to claim it as $350 in the for sale add.

nb: no i am not selling my bike.... unless i was offered 6 lol

13. Haha sorry mate mum's the word from now on :p

14. Can't go past the naked SV650 - born and made that way, not pranged and trimmed.

15. Yup, I have to agree.

The naked SV650 is the best naked midranger. The Hornet 600 is nice too though.

Can't agree with the strip a dodgy bike and make it look even dodgier approach though :p

16.  Top
  17. you should be able to find an older Hornet 600 (ie 1998,1999) for less than $6000, probably for as low as $4500 if it's still stock.

18. Finding is the problem.