Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Setup GP boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mr_messy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Had a trip from Melbourne to Sydney wearing the Grand Prix water proof boots. Bought after reading this thread:

Must say I am quite happy I decided to buy and wear these boots up for the trip.

They kept my toes insulated from the cold and wind chill. On my normal trips to and from work, my toes would just about be frozen solid. This from a 30 minute ride in my Sidi vertigo boots.
    I was riding for almost 6hrs in the cold and my toes remained warm enough that it didn't distract me from concentrating on the rest of the boring ride.

Comfortable enough to walk around in aswell I forgot to bring a pair of casual shoes with me.
  2. Always nice to be a bit overdressed than under
  3. @ least someone is happy with their Setup boots!

FeverPitched on the other hand... well go have a look at what he is selling after trying on only one foot :LOL: :LOL:
  4. I'm still happy with them.
    Feverpitch is selling the vision boot.
    I haven't tried that out for any extended time but had them on at last weeks Mystery ride.
    More comfortable than the Sidis.
    I don't think I'll be wearing the Sidi boots unless I go for a ride day or something.
  5. Dude, how do u think they're going to go in warmer weather? Too hot maybe?
  6. was warm here today, so i chose my "pegaso air" boots that i bought after the GP.
    they were perfect for my 550km ride, i was only cruising, and they were ventilated, light weight, and comfortable to walk in.
    the GP's i find a comfortable enough, but only necessary for me when i am going out for a bit of spirited riding.
    i am VERY happy with the products i got from setup, and its a shame they are running their products out, because not many (read NONE) cater for a size 13 1/2-wide so i have always had to go for a size larger and swim in them or a size smaller and cut the circulation off.
    +1 for Setup!
  7. I was querying coz they are out of my size in the Pegaso Air's. I've been looking for something thats a little lower at the back but still provides a bit of shin protection, so its a bit cooler in hot weather.