Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Service Unavailable"

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pete the freak, May 31, 2005.

1. Is anyone else getting this message? It happens almost everytime I try to post or reload a page, or hit the back button, or look at my computer...

2. happened with me earlier today, then it was cool and now it's coming back now and then...
  3. Yeah - I'm getting it
  4. Yeah, well it's pissing me off!

Mods, any official word?
  5. haha, i went to open this post, first time around - you guessed it! SERVICE UNAVAILABLE....

I thought 'how did pete do that?'
  6. Were using it to knock some petulance on the head. If you get one, it's because we are specifically monitoring your precise activity on Netrider and targetting you directly for discouragement purposes. :LOL: :LOL:
  7. It's caused by a certain user hitting the "Blue Button" every 6.4 seconds :p:p:p:p
  8. I have edited this due to the fact I did not see the smiley before on Jasons post.
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

9. Hahahaha :p
    That's funny. But seriously...

Is this site load balanced but with one node down?
  10. and here i am thinking its the network admins trying to block me :>
  11. Well I've only hit it once today, so it can't be me...

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  12. OK :) Yeah, with the release of the new photo gallery today and the heightened activity on the forums, the server is currently receiving quite a high load of hits and overloading occassionally. I expect the issue will dissipate once 5:00pm hits :)
  13. I'm still looking for the ''anykey''
  14. Must be when the QLD brain cells shut down for the day :)
  15. go easy not all qlders are self opinionated a#@%&*les like some on this forum at the moment
  16. Hey, even we Queenslanders, self opinionated or not, have to eat some time.

Never humble pie though.
  17. I'm a Broncos fan :)
  18. past 5pm and it is still happening ocassionally

19. Just out of curiousity, do you read any posts other than yours?

Jason (Mouth) explained what the cause was and no matter what time it is, it will continue to happen until the load on the server eases.