Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Service in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Grofaz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Hi all. Nearly time for the 1000km service for the GPX250. The temptation is there to just take it where I bought it (Team Moto Bowen Hills) but thought I'd pop my head in here first and ask what others think.

Any opinions appreciated.
  2. I'v seen a place thats looks ok to me in moorooka. just off the main road there. called GP Motorcycles (i think) i you want i can find out the road. but i'm shore some one will have a good recomendation for you.

i'm also told there is a real top bloke in strathpine.

the GPX is a easy bike to service but you need a honast mechanic. one who will put you and your bike before plain buisiness. uses top products and gos the extra mile. not just after the bucks. can be hard to find some times.
  3. Hi there, thanks for the info. Moorooka is a bit too far (I live in Mitchelton) but would be interested in the bloke at Strathpine if anyone knows the details.

Any other suggestions?
  4. The guy at strathpine(ish) would probably be QBR (Quality Bike Repairs). Actually located in Lawnton, does a great job on things and lots of people are happy with their service.

Though for something closer to mitchelton, head to Bike Performance at Enoggera. It's a one-mechanic setup and the guy really knows his stuff and has a big attention to detail. He is cash only (no eftpos or credit), so something to consider. He did great work on my Across when I had it.
  5. Thanks for the info all, appreciate it :)
  6. I have the exact same bike, dealer snd service coming up, was probably just going to take it to moto to do the service. Do you have what a fair ballpark figure (pricewise) for the 1000k as it's still far enough away that I haven't looked into it yet?
  7. I ended up taking it to Team Moto, but will probably use another mechanic from here on in, as I am moving out to Kallangur soon. The total cost for me was $135.20.
  8. Ta, thanks for the info. How are you liking your GPX? :) I must say it's everything I wanted in a first bike, it's bigger and more impressive sounding than I expected in a 250. And the acceleration when you're accustomed to an '84 mazda 323...whof!
  9. I'm loving it to be honest. Having said that, it is my first bike so my expectations probably aren't sky high :p

Can't say I find the noise it makes very impressive, but I've never been big on the whole "image before function" thing anyway, so it doesn't bother me. As a commuter she is (IMHO) without peer, and as for running costs, well I'm enjoying the savings over the car I used to use.

My skills/confidence have grown since I bought her in June, and the bad weather this week has had me enjoying (not sure if that's the right word) a whole new learning curve.

Anyway, take it easy and I might see you on one of the Qld group rides soon!