Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Service for Kawasaki GPX250R

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by RJ45, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Hi, can anyone reccomend places to have my GPX250 serviced?

I am in Sydney, near the earlwood area.

I've currently got a quote of $230 at bike biz in auburn for $230, sound reasonable? or i am i getting ripped cos my car serivce only costs me $150 at my local mechanic????

2. what kms service is it.. for a regular oil, filter and general service that would be about right.
  3. it's got 10,000 km's on the clock now

it'll be the 18'000km service (on the log book) cos the 6 months came up first.
  4. yeah about right.. although see if you can find a mechanic other than a dealer. might be a bit cheaper.. but then again 230 is ok..(bike mechanics charge stupid rates for a 1st year to unscrew a sump plug.) if its just oil, filter, chain tension and so on im more than happy to give you a hand. would have to be at the end of jan as im away for a few weeks. a basic service on a gpx is a piece of piss and once you have done it once its no hassle.. but i guess this is for the log book ?. worth paying for the stamp.