Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Service for FZR250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Nakkas, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I wanted to do a service on my FZR250 that I've recently bought. I've got a lot of experience servicing cars and my car doesn't see a mechanic, but I'm a bit more weary about touching my bike..

I wanted to do an oil change, air filter, chain adjustment and carby retune and was thinking it might be better to get a knowledgable person here to help me, instead of a bike shop.

Would anyone in Melbourne be willing to do it for a few slabs or something? I'm in the SE suburbs..

2. You'll need a carb balancing tool for the carb service, but your car skills should give you all the knowledge you need. You can leave the carb service for next time. There is obviously no FZR250 manual but if you can beg, borrow or steal a manual from any of the Yamaha sports 4s- FZ750, FZRs or YZFs- that should familiarise you with how Yamaha do things.
  3. Try www.fzr250.com these people have the know how when it comes to FZR's
  4. The manual us FZR'ers use is the FZR400 manual. It's almost identical to the FZR250 except for it's part numbers. Almost all procedure's you'll need are in it. As LordTB said, head on over to FZR250.com and you'll find all the info you'll need.