Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

service centre in city

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by feriant, Nov 25, 2004.

1. i got quote $550 for chain+sprockets+service at ActionMotorcycle.
    $340 full service from MotorCycle City.
    which one should i go?
    guys at Actionmtc did have a look at my bike for a while and suggest to change the chain, the other guy didn't.
    please advice.

2. depends on what they're doing for the service. sounds like action are being a bit more thorough so will probably be doing more for you where MCC seem more like bare basics. might be better value for money at action provided the chain does need replacing.

if you can get over to moorabbing, i suggest you see performance bikes and watercraft. the bloke there will save you a few bucks and definately doesn't go around picking stuff that dont need to be done :wink:

oh, and i have bought a bike off MCC almost a year ago now that blew up on the way home. they were good sports and fixed everything for me, but they did take their time (like 2 or 3 months). i dont know if thats how they treat customers that are yet to pay, but i was definately not a priority seeing as i hadn't yet paid.....
  3. i've decided i'll have the action blokes get the business,
    thanks heaps.