Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[SEQ] Australian Motorcycle Museum, Haigslea

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Dirty TRiX, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Guys, got a preview of the New Museum opening up at Haigslea, on the Warrego Highway.

Can only say it's highly recommended that you get down there and have a look for yourselves when it opens (or even before like I did)

A great mix of old and new bikes, especially 60's onwards.

no trx's yet though :(

2. Wow. I didn't even know that it was there! Or going to be there even.

Looks pretty awesome though. Would be a great place to visit to see how the modern bike has evolved. And of course to just see that many bikes in one place is always fun :cool:

Will definitely check it out. what with the warrego starting not too far away from here and all :)

Thanks for letting us know DT
  3. Did someone say, "group ride"??? :grin:
  4. that's almost an admission to organise one there cookeetree :wink:
  5. Sounds like TRiX knows how to get there... :wink:

But, hey, whatever works. I reckon they'd love it if a group of bikes rocked up at the doorstep. :grin:
  6. Quick phone call to the guy revealed that they're open seven days a week from this Saturday (6th). Hours are 9:30 - 4:00pm and it costs $15.

So, who's up for a ride? I'd imagine that it's going to be packed this weekend, but I'd be happy to head out there the weekend after. Don't think we've got anything planned.

The thing is, though, that the roads we'd take to get there wouldn't put us anywhere near you guys coming from Brissy. Of course, you guys could ride down to Beauy first. I guarantee the roads we'd take would be far more fun than sitting on the Ippy M'way and Warrego.

This is the route we'd take: Beauy to Haigslee
  7. i'm up for that cookeetree.

But 2 weekends away is the MotoGP. i'll be watching that on the tv for sure! so amyeb weekend after?
  8. Excellent stuff!

Not sure about that weekend though. We've got a double mothers birthday (my Mum's on Saturday, Mrs Tree's Mum's on Sunday) on the 20th / 21st and I'm not sure if anything's happening for that yet.

Lemme look into it further... :grin: