Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seperated at birth

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DarkHorse, Dec 23, 2009.

1. SepArated at birth

Just thought this might be a bit of fun:

After reading an article about the BMW HP2 Sport, and seeing some pics of the bike, I was struck by how similar it looked to my own Zook K1 750:

That then got me thinking about other bikes that seem to very closely resemble their competitors. The ones that always struck me were the CBR600RR and the R6:

And going back a model for the R6 and Kawasaki ZX6R:

And the new Blade and 1098 seem to share something:

These observations are obviously largely superficial, and based mainly around the obvious 'facial' features like headlights and intakes, and biased to sportsbikes, but I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else had some thoughts on the matter...
  2. Then there's the obvious plagiarisms like the Cagiva Mito:
  3. With the mito, it was styled by the same guy. Actually cagiva and ducati (and mv agusta) were all under one owner for a while.
  4. I know Tamburini worked for both, and then for MV when they were bought by Cagiva. He was also one of the founders of Bimota. No other two models are such mirror images, despite a 700% capacity difference.

These 2 were just too identical to leave out, that's all.
  5. sepArated, please?????
  6. Sorry pedAnt. Is thAt All you hAve to Add?
  7. this should set a few people off... look at the headlights!
  8. With bikes looking so much alike these days it's hard for stylists NOT to trespass onto other stylist's cues.
  9. I was going to say, Paul, they *all* look the same to me!

10. Yeah I get it all the time with my bike. Have a look at the pictures, you can barely tell them apart.

For the record, that is on top of the bar at Criniti's in Parramatta. Apparantly that was dropped of in front and wheeled in. To spend $120K on a bike and not ride it. The waiter also said that they have one at their city store.

P.s. sorry about the dodgy iPhone pic.