Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Sep 28, 2016] Learner friendly mid-semester break ride (Rowville, VIC)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by revz, Sep 26, 2016.

Learner friendly mid-semester break ride
Start Date: Sep 28, 2016 10:00
End Date: Sep 28, 2016 18:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Cnr Wellington Rd & Stud Rd
Rowville, VIC 3178

Posted By: revz

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Had been thinking of leading a learner-friendly ride during the university mid-semester break (well it is for Monash at least) for our automotive club. However as it is not an official club event but my own ride, everyone is welcome.

Date: Wednesday 28th September 2016

Meet time:10am meet for a 10:20am brief and 10:30am start.

End time: approximately 6pm.

Meet and starting point: 7-Eleven petrol station on the corner of Stud road and Wellington Road (Rowville).

The planned route:
    Rowville --> Gembrook --> Healesville -->Black spurs --> Marysville (lunch) --> Eildon --> Yea --> Toolangi --> Healesville --> Emerald

Some basic rules for the ride:
    - No overtaking on corners.
    - The person overtaking has to ensure he or she is overtaking safely.
    - Leave plenty of space between bikes when following a newer rider.
    - Ride at the pace YOU are comfortable with. Do not try to keep up with faster riders if you have to venture outside your comfort zone.
    - Ride at your own risk. I will NOT BE RESPONSIBLE for any crashes, police interactions or fines on the day.

This ride is LEARNER FRIENDLY and anyone is welcomed, regardless of the machine you are riding. However the route does include some fairly technical roads to keep things interesting for everyone. Any newer riders who join must be able to go around a corner, as SLOW as they want, and be able to ride at the speed limit on a straight stretch of road. Basically if you can ride in the suburbs in normal traffic and freeway comfortably, you should be fine.

• Like Like x 4
  2. is this still on? how many peeps are expected approx? i'm kind a new here :D
  3. was keen on this ride but unfortunately will not be able to make it, maybe next time :) have a good one guys!
  4. Hope you guys get a good day for it. You should make it home before the skies open.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Any others coming?
  6. Thx Matt, good day for it, plenty of bikes around marysville today, learners did well, & had a band of sheep run onto the road at eildon to get us all on the anchors, im sure i saw them smiling afterwards, good ride (y) 20160928_105037. 20160928_140058. 20160928_151745. 20160928_162211.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. That looks like it was a successful day out! Glad a good day was had by all!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Another ride on tomorrow same start point if you're interested!
  9. i think they might know about it