Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [Sep 25, 2016] 69SIM & SIBI are coming! (Melbourne)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by 69SIM, Aug 23, 2016.

69SIM & SIBI are coming!
Start Date: Sep 25, 2016 08:00
End Date: Oct 3, 2016 09:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Posted By: 69SIM

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 69SIM, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Hello fellow Victorian Netriders!

After a few weeks of discussions with various people and being able to pack off the kidlette for the first week of the NSW school holidays, which coincide with the second week of the Victorian school holidays, we are closing the cafe and going to come down for a week or so of Victorian riding.

69SIM69SIM & SibiSibi are coming!

This is where you guys come in to play. We've got no idea what's good. All we know is that we want to ride a few of the roads you guys always talk about. We are planning 2 days to ride down, 4-5 days riding around with one day as a break day and then 2 days to ride back home. Plus we'd like to catch up with as many of you as we can or possible considering we'll be there during the week and people may be working. Happy to be led around a bit if people have time and inclinations.

Here is our basic rundown:

25th - 26th (Sunday/Monday) September : 2 day ride down - Am thinking we will come down via the Bonang Hwy.

27th/28th/29th/30th/01st (Tue-Sat) September : 5 days in Victoria. We are hoping to catch up with the epic ride on the Saturday if possible, but we may end up going home this day. One of these days would be a non-ride day.

2nd/3rd October : 2 day ride home - Am thinking we will head home via Albury - Gundagai.

Some things we'd like to do:

1. Great Ocean Road.
    2. Possibly get to Phillip Island for a looksee.
    3. Meet up with peeps.

So, with all this very airy vapid information, give us your input and ideas, possible meet and greets and we'll get ourselves organised.
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. If you want to go look at Phillip island I can take you the scenic way, if your keen, let me know, I can even organise a day off work to do it mid week?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. you lucky bastard.........
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. If you do, do it midweek such a momentous occasion would require a sick day :)
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. So it would have to be a Tuesday , Wednesday or Thursday ride then so doctors need not be called lol
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hey 69SIM69SIM and SibiSibi

What a fantastic trip you've got planned. :cool:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of 'peeps' here, keen to catch up and share a ride with you.
    The 25th happens to be the day I return to work after 2 weeks off; so no riding for me that week.:cry:

I'd love to catch up for a drink, even if it's after hours, if that suits you.
    Where are you looking at staying?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. but I have access to 24hr medical centre so getting one from Dr Howlong isn't a problem. :)
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. That would be great PompyPompy and scenic route is great! SibiSibi is currently sitting with her notebook and google maps getting all this down :)
  9. Thanks Mick, happy to catch up after hours for sure, we kinda knew it might happen as it's a lot of mid week riding.

You also raise a good question. We have no idea of our accommodation at the moment. So if you have any ideas, feel free to post them up. I guess ideally we'll ride to an area, stay there over night and then ride on or possibly base ourselves in Melbourne and ride out. As we are not local, what sort of rides can be had from say a central point such as Melbourne?
  10. If you are really keen let me know some details, like how long you'd like to spend at the island, do you want to have a look at Wilsons Prom etc, how much time you want to spend on the bike etc and I can plan a route to lead you or send it to you to do on your own.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Some fun roads in the area, close to Phillip Is too (y)
    Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 7.44.26 PM.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Excellent, will do! Thanks mate :D
  13. Mmm, I might come with you...
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Seriously? That would be great!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I can't suggest any decent accommodation specifically, akthough there are some decent B&B/Tourist Parks in the Yarra Valley (my neighbourhood)
    Keep in mind some might be booked out, as will be during Term 3 School holidays down here.

There are great roads accessible within 1hr ride of the CBD, particularly to the East, perhaps a bit longer during peak hour.
    PompyPompy and Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike are the masters of Sth Gippsland. You cannot go wrong with any ride these gentlemen may recommend.

You can also play North of the Sth Gippsland Hwy. Namely in the Baw Baw National Park, Heyfield, Licola and Noojee areas.
    If you come down the Bonang Hwy, you'll be in the general vicinity of all these places, as you journey West.

With 3-4 days riding down south, you'll have a heap of fun, if the weather gods smile upon you.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Definitely hit up the epic, if you clue up Greg he might organise an early start so we can hit up some of the better roads further out.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mick MMick M I'm just about to read your popped my boning cherry report again :) I'm wondering if there is any dirt sections to be wary of.
  18. I have no commitments that weekend and now I'm retired I have Friday and Monday off too
    • Like Like x 3
  19. And they are the best days to have off!!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. you lucky bastards.....
    • Agree Agree x 2