Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC [Sep 24, 2016] Giddy Goat Run.... (Diamond Creek)

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Ned, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
Giddy Goat Run....
Start Date: Sep 24, 2016 10:00
End Date: Sep 24, 2016 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

33 Main Hurstbridge Road
Diamond Creek 3089

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 7
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 7
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. :dance: Giddy Goat Run........:peace:

RIDE LEVEL: 3 See: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Saturday September 24

MEET: Diamond Creek McDonalds, 33 Main Hurstbridge Rd (enter via Station St)

TIME: 9-44am for 10am leave

DISTANCE: Approx 350km

Please start with a full tank, or enough fuel to go 220km.

I have recently done this route which is around Buxton/Pyalong/central Vic seeking out the fun twisties with quite a few back roads and some interesting scenery to match.

Apart from lunch at Yarck around 12-15, there will be 2 or 3 other breaks/refuels, with the ride finishing at a cafe in Sunbury, where it's only a 30 minute cruise down the Calder back into the city.

Confident Learners with considerable experience willing to take the next step would be welcome on this ride.

Route will be discussed at the briefing where a TEC will be appointed and corner-marking explained.

If you'd like to come, please post your interest here so I can get an idea of numbers(y)

Cheers,
    Ned

:peace:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sounds good.

3. Unfortunately I might be back at Lvl 1 again. If i have my new bike by then, I'll be there. I'll be the guy with the L plate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Wrong side of the city for me, but I am looking forward to catching up with you on a ride some time.

5. Oh no, the anti-Pompy wall is insurmountable :-(

6. You know me, I don't travel :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. not even for my baked goods ? :(

8. Its the Sunbury finish thats the problem for me......

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sunbury works for me (y)

10. ooooohhhhhh ... .tempting! Would be great to catch up :)

11. Cake run ? We are just missing ExportswedeExportswede

12. Would love to do this but already made plans for this Saturday :banghead:

13. Ha ha! It has been too long ... but that night wasn't just cake, it was my first and only speeding fine on the bike ...3km over ...FFS!

Cake without fines (with lots of riding) would be perfect :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Any chance you could give us a better idea of the run . ? I'm thinking as I'm up near Rushworth, perhaps I could pick up the group somewhere along the way rather than the starting point . :whistle:

15. You can get off that fine if you write them a letter asking for a warning due to your clean driving record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks for the info but it's ancient history now and requires a clean driving record :whistle:

There was bikes, cake and great company, it is all good!

17. It's been a while Zol, so it's time we caught up with regular rides scheduled(y)

No worries Alan, get ready to tame that new beast!!

Fair call Grant, so look out for a GOR overnighter in the future, oops, that's also the wrong side of the city:unsure:

Feel free to peel off at any time you want, hell, if I roll into Sunbury on my own I don't care:LOL:

Yeah, I reckon you wanna check out that church GoldenberriGoldenberri used for a backdrop:sneaky:

It's only been, what, 19 months since that trip? :unsure: How time has flown.....

Just nicely tell her you forgot about this ride :LOL:

Just checked the map Al and PM'd you (y)

18. Ooooh... Very tempting!

Start is no problems at all but Sunbury....

Hang on...what sort of baked goodies are we talking about?? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sounds like a great opportunity to get to know you guys . Hopefully work leaves me alone this weekend . Mrs Ozzyal will be sleeping after night shift, so it would really be considerate of me to jump on the bike and let her sleep right ?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. That's what good husbands do... Let her sleep and rest. :)

• Agree Agree x 1