Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW [Sep 11, 2016] Spring has Sprung (North Richmond, NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by GeorgeO, Jul 31, 2016.

Spring has Sprung
Start Date: Sep 11, 2016 08:00
End Date: Sep 11, 2016 14:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Pips Place
4 / 36-38 Riverview Road
North Richmond, NSW 2754

Posted By: GeorgeO

Confirmed Attendees: 32
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 GeorgeO, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    It's been a while since our last organised Netrider event - time to start looking forward to Spring and all the joys that it brings.

Advantages of Spring

1. You don't have to dress up like the Michelin Man when out on a ride
    2. Those without heated grips no longer feel like someone out of The Walking Dead when you shake their hands
    3. The Spring has Sprung ride is on for Sunday the 11th of September!

Rough route plan as follows:

Meet up for a Brekky at Pips Place in North Richmond from 8:00am onwards, Come hungry. Great place.
    Leave at 9:00am
    Make our way to Wisemans Ferry via the Sackville Ferry Crossing. Cross over to the Dark Side.
    Follow Wisemans Ferry Road to Spencers
    Spencers to Mangrove Mountain Golf Club for lunch at the restaurant (Restaurant | Mangrove Mountain Club).
    After lunch we head on back towards Sydney. Stopping at Pie in the Sky (maybe)
    The organised ride ends at 7-11 servo at Berowra (965/969 Pacific Highway).
    Riders can make their way home from there.

Ride and route subject to change

This ride will be L and P friendly.

If you are willing to assist in herding all the stray cats or TECíng, please let me know.

If you have Netrider merchandise or clothing you HAVE to wear it on the ride.

GPX files - thanks GigittGigitt

Dropbox - [Sep_11,_2016]_Spring_has_Sprung_(North_Richmond,_NSW).gpx
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ummmm says North Richmond Victoria....
    Helluva ride for a Sundee me thinks...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. thanks - changed.
  4. #7 lilhog, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    He was using his coffee brain, thinking of Melbourne coffee shops :LOL:

Sorry guys, I guess I'm the first to pike out, I'll be out of town (way out) that weekend :cry:

I really enjoy these rides.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks for the invite George. Am in and can't wait ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Only just saw this - I'm working but I'll try get the day off. The six ferries was an aeon ago, I can't wait for another big one. I'll do my best to come along :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Goodie!

I see we are 9 'committed' (or does it mean we need to 'be committed')??

Steve VtecSteve Vtec - this work thing is now wearing thin. Look at Andrew WestAndrew West and DrSleepyDrSleepy - do you think work is holding them back from going everywhere?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. I'm hoping to set up an 'official' Netrider photo shoot (some flag or banner, individual photo of rider and bike each) at the rest stop.

hornethornet - any idea how I can get my grubby little paws on a flag or banner?

DrSleepyDrSleepy - what do we need to set up a semi professional photo booth? I've got a tripod. Are you joining?
  9. I better get myself a Netrider T-shirt or Hoodie then ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. It's true GeorgeOGeorgeO but if i don't work the weekends I never have enough money to pretty up my bike for the rides. It's a vicious cycle...

I quite like earning penalty rates on a weekend and then riding on with DrSleepyDrSleepy while everyone else is at work with mondayitis. I do enjoy a group ride tho, and I miss out on a lot of them when I work weekends. Oh well - I'll see what I can do about Sunday 11...
  11. Hey George I'm sure we could borrow the flag from Grey Gum..
  12. I'm a maybe for this one GeorgeOGeorgeO — have to check the roster and exam prep. Happy to throw some photo gear on the back if I end up coming along though.

Unfortunately I'm working two consecutive days this week... This is unacceptable — a ride will be required for recovery purposes.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Fingers crossed it won't rain this time - I'm SO overdue for my first NetRider ride it's ridiculous!

[Edit: Considering dragging along the other half if he can be convinced. The ZX7R needs a proper ride]
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Hi DrSleepyDrSleepy is this an opportunity for the newly formed Newcastle Netriders maybe to meet our southern cousins?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Quite possibly, Cam. I have a tentative plan for a Newcastle Northern excursion in September as well. If anyone would like to go, feel free to start a "meetup" thread, otherwise I'll do one when I know if I'm able to go. My suggested route would be back roads to Wollombi, down the Great North Rd, then across to Wisemans & meet the Sydney group there — breakfast in North Richmond at 0800 requires a fair amount of 'commitment.'
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I'm in and looking forward to the ride and catching up.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hey guys, I have been away for some time. (No Bike) I may be able to come depending on if I get my new bike in time. Keeping my fingers crossed, it has been ages since I have been on a NetRider group ride.
    • Like Like x 4