Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sensitive Harley Rider

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Found on another forum.
    Funny and sad at the same time.........

A girl asked if I would ride her around a bit . OK , we mounted up , first thing was my headlight was all of a sudden pointed to the sky , had to use low beam only .

Next , at low speed the bike was very squirrelly and once I got going , I was afraid to stop for fear of tipping over . So I rode all over town , avoiding any redlights and wouldn't you know it , I hit reserve . I figure I have maybe 1/2 gallon left so I headed back to her place .

When I got stopped , sure enough , the bike started tipping . I yelled for her to get off so she threw a leg down just in time and kind of rolled off ; I was able to save the Harley , but the girl , with all that mass (must have had a gyro effect) , began to roll on the ground down the hill at her place, her arms and legs not touching the ground at all that I could see , and continued to roll about 125 feet , taking out several large shrubs and a couple of small trees along the way and came to a stop
    about 25 feet past the bottom of the hill .

She complained of being dizzy and drunk from all the spinning her head did during her extended roll , but the trees and shrubs didn't hurt her apparantly .

So I went home and the phone was ringing when I opened the door , and everybody in town (it seemed) called and said it looked like ass on wheels going by when I was riding the girl and wondered if I was OK .

This morning I inspected the Harley and found no apparant damage , thank goodness .
  2. :? I don't really understand the funny, the sad, or the point of the story :?:

Maybe its just me...
  3. Precious NR server disk space is now being wasted by that post.
  4. an atempt at a joke?

im confused :?
  5. me thinks the girl was a big pillion - too heavy for the weedy harley rider
  6. Speaking of sensitive Harly Riders, where has DUHAST disappeared to???