Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Senior Moment

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by skoota, Jan 31, 2006.

Police Log

This is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida...

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males i n the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"
    The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat.
    She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.&n bsp;She tried and tried, and then it dawned on her why... For the same reason she did not understand why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12 packs in the front seat... A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down.
    She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair and carrying a large handgun.
    No charges were filed.

If you're going to have a Senior Moment, make it memorable!
  2. C’mon Hornet give us one of your senior moments, but don’t let it involve your incontinence undies please.
  3. Haha, that was great! :)

I'd be scared too, you know with the oldies having arthritis n all.....makes for happy trigger fingers!
  4. What a classic.

And who hasn't at some stage, walked up to 'his' car and wondered why the key suddenly doesn't work??? :LOL:
  5. It is actyually worse when the key does fit and you drive off and then realise its the wrong as in old VC Commodores!!!
  6. never had that problem...... mainly cause my car is so unkept it can't be any one elses :LOL:
  7. my grandfather managed to start to drive off with somebody's car. not only did it look similar, the key fitted too! :LOL:
  8. I've got a video of something like this somewhere, might have been a SNL special or something, but it was funny :)
  9. I once went as far as thinking somebody had stolen my bullbar... :oops: :LOL:
  10. hahahaha Boy oh boy that is funny.
    I keep forgetting yesterday does thaqt count?

11. HAHAHAH the exact same thing happened to an ex house mate and myself. We went shopping, jumped in the car, reversed then realised, "OOPS, this isn't his car". He put the car back in the shop, we found his car 2 spaces down, quickly jumped in it and made it home.

Felt like idiots for a bit afterwards. heh
  12. I had a EJ holden. Green and white of course.

Wife and I had been to the Arts Centre. The car was parked out on the road side.

Along we come, key just won't work. No idea why. Look for match in keyhole (old trick). Nothing.

A bloke and his wife and kids come along and he says 'You having some trouble mate?' (Well with the language what do you think)

Yeah says I.

The bloke says 'Well why don't you try the next car?'
    I straighten up and say 'Why".

He says ' Because this is my car, I think yours is that one' (Pointing to the next but one car.)

Ah yes, off I go, red face etc. Key worked first shot. Missus kept her face to the side window all the way ome. HHMMPPPHHH
  13. this goes back nearly 8 years ago i had owned my Fairlane for a month and went to K Mart in Boronia and had locked it (central locking) to come back with an old grey haired lady cursing her key wont fit ,i asked excuse me do you have a problem,she said yes i have had terrible trouble with keys not working in the door lock lately, and i dont know why this noise is going on ,i said how about i open the car for you, and stop this noise ,she said oh thank you how can you do that ,i said watch this and pressed my key ring button, and it opened and then i shut it again,i gently held her hand and said darlin what is your rego number and i looked up and said mabe that car in the next row maybe yours,she blushed and said oh yes that is my rego number,so i helped her to her car and unlocked it for her and helped her put her shopping in and followed her home and helped her inside and made her a cuppa and then went home,the poor darlin was so embarrased and upset, it turns out she knew my mother from the elderly citz club.
  14. pmsl Revilo

I must be getting old as well bc its happened a coupla times
    in our work carpark.

Remember once it wasent until I looked into the car that I
    realised it wasent mine :LOL:
  15. Yeah but it does help you wake up don't it?
  16. i know what you mean Kishy
    what got me is hers didnt have an alarm, and the horse saddle and rugs on the back seat ,as well as the custom horse decal's that were on the door locks,should have given the hint but alas nope,so the only way to help her was to be very polite and respect her forgetfullness ,thankfully mum & dad Always taught me to be respectfull of the elderly (RIP Nanna 1 & 2)
  17. LOL :LOL: :LOL:

Yep, ya gotta respect the elderly :wink: