Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Selling no reg / RWC bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by snipa84, May 27, 2008.

  1. Hi All,

    First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong area, and please move it if so :) thanks.

    My bike has been sitting back home for quite some time (like a year...) and I won't ever be able to afford to bring it over to Wellington to me. So, its not registered or RWC'd at the moment obviously... does anyone know what paperwork etc is needed if my father was to sell it privately on my behalf? I looked through vicroads a bit but it was all to do with swapping over regos etc which is not really relevant in this instance.

    Also, its an '04 ZZR250 (16K Kms) with a crack in left fairing and indicator, and a bent gear lever. Any ideas on a fair price? dont know how much LAMS has affected pricing.


  2. Hand the plates back to Vicroads. Give a receipt to the person who buys the bike.
  3. To sell an unregistered vehicle all you need is a written dated receipt/document stating the condition of the sale, the price and it needs to be signed from both parties.

    As for the plates. Theres no penalty if you keep them. If you want you can destroy them or keep them as a novelty/memory. But for ease of mind (incase of theft) I'd hand them into vicroads.

    Hope this helps