Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Selling my body (and bike) for the Ride To Conquer Cancer!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TRA, May 11, 2012.

1. Not really sure if this is the right forum for this, but it is motorcycle related I guess. Mods, feel free to move if you think its inappropriate.

Anyway. once again this year, I am volunteering to help run the Ride To Conquer Cancer. This event raised $4.7Million for cancer research. Considering that 1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with some form of cancer in their life its prety unlikely that anyone here will be untouched by the disease at some point in their life.

I am lucky in some sense, because I dont have to ride the 200km on a pushbike. I will be assisting on my motorcycle. One of the things that I will be doing is providing moral support and encouragement to the riders. I would also like to raise some money. So what better than the sell my body!! Get your mind out of the gutter... I am offering to dress up in costume for a price. I will wear anything that the highest bidder will pay. It has to be clean though, and if it gets a laugh out of the riders then its acceptable.

There is one catch, I will be wearing saftey gear; that includes protective pants, jacket, helmet and hi vis vest, so whatever I dress up in will have to work with the saftey gear. There will be some times where I will have to ride at 100kph, so keep that in mind as well. I would hate to see my costume flying off as I am riding.

So it might be a pink skirt, or it could be a mankini over the saftey gear. Helmet pigtails or horns. Use your imagination. I can also decorate my bike if the price is right!

I am also offering up the space on my panniers for commecrial advertising. I will put your logo onto my panniers for a donation to my fundraising account.

Please note, I will be advertising this elsewhere too, so I will post up details of the highest bidders on my RTCC webpage along with photos: http://br12.conquercancer.org.au/site/TR/Events/Brisbane2012?px=1035744&pg=personal&fr_id=1050

Please feel free to make a donation even if you cant come up with any ideas. The money raised here may not cure cancer, but it will assist in the prevention, diagnosis and remedy of.
  2. BTW. if you got ideas and cant donate stick them up here anyway. I might be able to sell your ideas to other people!
  3. Can we pay you to cause one of those awesome pile ups like that motorcycle did in (I think) the Tour de France ?

Just kidding, of course.

I commend you on being involved it is certinly a VERY worthwhile cause as more Australians will be touched by cancer than any other disease.

I'll give some thought to ideas for you....
  4. I can get to your page, but the 'Donate' links just spools forever :(

Anyway, when I can I will....... :)
  5. the TAC alien
  6. Pretty sure I'm going to be one of the Lycra Lizards for this one....might see you out there (y)