Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Selling a bike interstate (Vic rego'd - buyer in NSW)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Stormtrooper, Aug 25, 2008.

  1. Hi Guys,

    Not sure if this has been covered before (probably has but I couldn't find it in the search function - possibly too many variable words...).

    If I'm selling my Vic registered bike to someone in NSW, what would be required for the person in NSW to be able to start riding straight away?

    I talked to my mechanic about getting a RWC but he tells me they're useless or unnecassary in NSW.

    Can anyone shed some light on this?

    Thanks heaps!

    P.S - if it has been covered before, a link will do me :)
  2. Ahh, ask and you shall recieve.

    Thanks a lot Smee!

    (I feel stupid i didn't try the obvious search phrase....)