Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Selling 03 R6 Track Bike (:

Discussion in 'Archived' started by alex92, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is my 2003 R6 Track Bike. I’ve had it for about a year now and it’s a very fun bike to ride.

The Good:
    - Had problems with the fuel pump, but since a new one was installed the bike starts easy and runs flawlessly
    - Ohlins Rear Shock sprung and adjusted by James @ Zenodamper (I also have the original shock)
    - Forks revalved by James (Zenodamper)
    - Racers Edge fairings
    - Valter Moto fully adjustable rearsets
    - Yoshi exhaust
    - Titax levers
    - -2 -2 gearing with YEC rear sprocket
    - Braided lines front and rear
    - Near new Motobatt Glass Mat battery
    - Motul MoCool coolant additive (couldn't get the bike to go above 98C when it was sitting in my garage for 20 minutes - a 13C improvement over the previous Motul coolant I was using!)

The Bad:
    She’s been slid down the track. It will run as is, but could do with some repairs to the fairings. Also, there is a very small hole in the muffler that air is escaping from. Not sure if it would affect performance at all, but surely it could be plugged, or simply replaced by a cheap muffler from eBay ($150)? Also, there is a graze on the tank; I’ve been told it can be repaired quite cheaply, but it may need replacing.

Also, the original speedo/tacho (6003kms) overreads, so I just got a cheap cluster off eBay which has a busted screen, but the tacho works fine. I’ve done 3 track days since the speedo started overreading so it would have less than 6500kms. Motul 300V fully synthetic double esther oil changed every 2nd track day since I’ve owned it.

I’d like to get $4,000 for the bike – will throw in an Anderson rear stand and the original rear shock. I also have some spare sprockets, handlebars and engine/clutch covers.

Bike is located in the Liverpool area - feel free to call on 0413502014 with questions or to arrange inspection.
  2. hmm looks like I put it up too cheap, I already have a buyer from QLD organising payment to be sent, so consider this bike sold pending payment!!
  3. i call dibs if he bails :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.