Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Self-retracting sidestand fix

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by The Snow Dog, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Well after giving it a week we've decided the self-retracting sidestand on the Cagiva has to go! A quick look reveals that it's a bit of a bodge job anyway and that cutting the end off the sidestand bolt should allow it to function normally.

I've had a quick look around on the web and it seems that some aftermarket suppliers are selling replacement bolts (eg. http://www.nicholsmfg.com/sidestandbolt.html) which would be ideal - allowing the original to be refitted for resale if required.

Does anyone know of any local shops with a similar pre-fabricated solution? I assume that a number of the groups Ducati owners may have 'solved' this problem. ;-)

2. I have gotten used to the sui-side stand.
    However, the dealer that currently sells both Ducati and Cagiva is Moto One in Oakleigh. I would assume that they would have dealt with this issue on a number of occasions.
    Cheers. G