Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Self Introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Colin Langman, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,
    My name is Colin and I am from the little township of Lewiston approx. 40kl north of Adelaide.
    I have been riding for quite a few years now, but mainly as a means of commuting to and from work.
    My wife and I would now like to start venturing further afield and get to see some more of this great land we live in.
    Having never planned a long road trip with a bike I thought I would seek like minded people who could shine some light on the pitfalls we might fall into along the way.

Cheers

2. Hi Colin, and Mrs Colin too!

I guess the first consideration is what sort of bike you have; you can tour on a Postie bike, but if you want to travel two people in some sort of comfort, you need to up the ante a fair bit.

The second consideration is to set some small goals at first and see how you go, then try longer trips as you get more confidence and experience.

And thirdly, I guess where and how far you travel depends on how much time you have to play with

Anyway, welcome to Netrider !!

3. Welcome to the forum!

Have been travelling Sydney - Adelaide - Port Augusta and back the past few weeks for work. Beautiful part of the world you live in.

4. Welcome to NR Colin!

5. Hi Colin & welcome.
    SA has some great riding, both on and off road.
    Hawker to Blinman in the Flinders is fully sealed nowadays.

6. Welcome to NR...