Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Self cancelling indicator mods

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by incitatus, Dec 6, 2006.

1. I really like my BMW......mainly, but there is one thing I absolutely hate about it, the bloody indicator system. This is an abomination that uses three seperate switches, one for the left indicator (on the left grip), one for the right indicator (on the right grip), and one to cancel them (on the right grip). All my other bikes have a conventional left/right/push to cancel switch. The problem is that I frequently forget to cancel them on the beemer, never on the other bikes, just on the BMW. I am thinking about buying an 'after-market' self cancelling module like this,

Has anybody used one of these or similar? Do they really work? and how hard are they to fit?
  2. inci,

the only problem i can see with that one is that it also converts the indicators to running lights. I dont know if your allowed to have that in OZ or even if you'd want it.

And why wouldnt they have the cancelling button on the left handle bar?
  3. You are right, I didn't notice that.......ah well, back to the drawing board.

The real question is why wouldn't they just use the same simple, reliable, intuitive, system that every other manufacturer has used since Pontious was a pilot?....
  4. Yes. Yes I am.
  5. Code:
    There's also a running light option, which allows you to convert all the turn signals to running lights WITHOUT changing bulbs, wires or anything!
    Which part of the word "option" confused you??? :p

6. hmmm...err....ummm.....not enough caffeine apparently. :oops:
  7. well in any event, that second one i posted is cheaper and does exactly what inci wants.

So poo to you Vic.