Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Seems to be dumped hyo.

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' at netrider.net.au started by loogl, Oct 5, 2012.

1. EDIT & UPDATE:

I've since resolved this and taking down the content for privacy reasons. Turns out it was owned by someone a couple doors down who didn't care for the bike anymore.

Don't know why someone would leave their bike (even if it's damaged) out on the street when the guy had ample undercover room in his front yard. Anyway, thread resolved!

Moderator feel free to clip this one, cheers!

2. judging by the state of that rear tyre your right....have you enquired at the residence it's parked out the front of?

3. Honestly, I haven't even bothered. I ride this road every day and I'm aware of most bikes within 3 or 4 blocks of me (and this is very close). The only time I've ever seen it in the area is in the exact same spot and condition that you see in that photo. Although you're right I should do that next time I ride past just to be sure!

4. How long has it been sitting there?
    is the rego current?

as 87crisis said enquire at the house its parked in front of, it may be theirs...
    if not i would just ring the police and report a dumped bike, and they can do all the relevant checks and if it is stolen the owner should be happy to get it back.

5. Google tells me it was listed on bikesales in April with rego until Feb 2013. No longer for sale on the site though and the page isn't cached.

6. Chucking the rego number into Google does bring up a reference to an old Bikesales ad - which suggests it was up for sale back in April and that the rego should be good till Feb.

Unfortunately the actual ad has expired, so doesn't seem to be a way of getting the owner's (or past owner's) contact details that way. Does however prove that the missing screen/mirror and busted tyre have occurred since then though, since it was listed as being a "nice, clean bike only used on every other weekend". Of course could just be they didn't manage to sell it, and aren't riding it either (mirror/screen damage could have been caused by a passing vehicle).

Oh, and just in case you weren't aware - abandoned vehicles are something you report to the the local council, not the Police. In fact a few councils have online forms you can use which makes the process pretty straightforward. They only get the Police involved if it's necessary.

7. jd, yeah I was going to ring the council offices and report this. Otherwise the way the bike is parked means it's shielded from passing side swipes (cars usually parked either side give a nice healthy buffer) which may have damaged it, hence strengthening my belief that it's dumped.

Will drop into the residence on the way home and have a chat - then I'll call the council.. Frankly, I won't be surprised if the residents have already beat me to it.

8. Often it's the people living next to it who are the least likely to report it. I had an abandoned car out front of my place which I made a mental note to do something about if it didn't move for a while - but then you kind of get used to it and forget it's there. :LOL:

Did report one on a different block though which obviously hadn't moved for a while (it was half buried under fallen leaves). Actually turned out the car belonged to the house it was parked in front of - they'd just been dead inside the house for several weeks without anyone noticing.

9. I thought that was how people got rid of them? When they have finally had enough, they just get off and walk away.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Petrol and matches.

11. Bikes used to get stolen if left alone.
    I guess nobody wants a mongoloid Italian.

12. Don't count on it, thieves are not that smart or discerning, it's only when they they go to try and flog it they find they stole a piece of shit.

13. Did your bike get pinched ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Naaa , its a naked hyo with a racing slick

15. Speaking from experience......

The only thing to solve this issue is Fire, and lots of it.

16. offer the guy $300 for it then part it out on fleabay?

17. Doing that to a Hyo will only make it angry, and reveal its true form

• Like Like x 1