Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seeking some advice on grease

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by 3lud13, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Bike is a klr 250 that will be seeing allot of off road riding with dirt mud water specially coming into a melbourne winter.
    Currently bike it's in pieces with a rebuild looking for some advice from the brains trust here on best type of grease to use as I have new bearings on the way for the swingman and shock linkage this week and want to get that back together asap before heading towards the wheel bearings.

2. Just a tip, I can't recommend a grease but if you want your bearings to last make sure your pack them properly
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ditto the Marine grease. For years I heard waterproof grease and had no idea where to get it. Boat shops is the answer.Get a manual grease gun that takes a cartridge,like a silicon cartridge, way less mess and mine has lasted for years. Less chance of crap getting into the cartridge than a tub
  4. After a few recommendations ended up with blue jays grease (I think that's what it called) highly waterproof and great on dirt adventure bikes
  5. Just remember that grease attracts dust and abrasives if it's being used in a non-sealed environment, such as cable linkages and should be inspected and cleaned when needed.