Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seeking opinions on Vulcan 900

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nathanh, Jan 29, 2007.

1. I'm currently riding a Yamaha V-Star 250 and I'm all for the cruiser ride and style. The only problem is that the 250 is gutless; on the highway it can barely accelerate and going up even a slight incline means dropping a gear or two.

I'm looking at getting a bigger cruiser. The Kawasaki Vulcan 900 has caught my eye. I like what I've read about it from the online and pulp reviews, but I'm after first hand experience. Does anyone here have any opinions - good or bad - of the Vulcan 900?

I'm also seeking recommendations for any cruisers - Suzuki, Yamaha, etc - that are worth a closer look. Though the Vulcan is pushing the upper bounds of my budget so that rules out Harley and Triumph :(
  2. gdasy mate i was looking at a vn900 custom for about all of minutes last minute change of mind the dealer could not fault the bike but hey he is a sales man, as an alternative you might wanna look at the hyosung gv650 the cost alot less and have alot more grunt then say a 650 vstar, my lil bro is looking at 1 went and got a price with pipes sissy bar and some other things 11,000 on road
  3. I bought a Suzuki VZ800 (M50) for 10k rideaway in Nov.
    Fuel Injected, Shaft drive, Water Cooled.
    It seemed to win all the cruiser (lightweight) accolades in the US, and so far - it is the bees knees.

There are plenty of choices out there.
  4. Nathan,

Wondering how you went with the VN 900? did you buy it and how is it travelling? I am thinking of purchasing one myself. Any info wiould be appreciated.